Had some fun with drum programming in Ableton Live last night. We started a new little thing thing from scratch:
- Loaded up Toontrack Superior Drummer 3 and built a beat at 124 bpm
- Took an afrocuban percussion loop and glitched it out using a Gate w/ a sidechain input
- Built a glitchy metal sample part using Ableton Live’s Drum Rack Instrument
- Played in a bass part using Arturia’s Matrix 12 synthesizer
- Finally, added some stabs using some synth strings and a cello pizzicato instrument
All in all not a bad way to spend 1 hour 45 minutes!
Until next time..